These Oat banana squares are moist, soft, slow energy releasing and filling, great for elevenses and lunch boxes.
250g porridge oats
2 desert spn coconut oil
2 desert spn whole food peanut/ Almond butter
2 desert spn honey
3 small ripe bananas
You can choose your extras according to your tastes,
handful of each: chopped dried fruit, unsalted chopped nuts, desiccated coconut and one handful of seeds (I used sunflower).
You will also need a brownie tin, lined with foil.
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c,
2) Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and honey in a microwave (or over a Bain-marie) .
3) Take your peeled banana and place on a large flat plate and begin mashing with a fork,
4) Add mashed bananas and dry ingredients to heated wet ingredients and mix well, place in lined brownie tray.
5) At this point it always looks like there’s no way it will ever all fit in! That’s normal, use the back of a metal spoon and start to smooth it down and ‘pack it in’ so that it’s level,
When you’ve finished flattening it, it should look something like this
6) Put in your preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown
allow to cool completely before you cut into squares (otherwise it will just fall apart).
Once cold store in an air tight container, preferably in the fridge- that way it will last longer. x