I like to eat my Granola with Bio Yogurt and fresh berries. 🙂
- 125g unsalted butter
- 150g soft brown sugar or light muscovado sugar
- 2 big spoonfulls of no-sugar-added crunchy peanut butter
- 2 big squeeses of honey, plus a little more to finish
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 200g porridge oats (not jumbo)
- 150g dried fruit,I used dried cranberrys, dried strawberrys and dried figs
- 150g mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, poppy, linseed and sesame
1. Grease and line a large flat baking tin. Put the butter, sugar, peanut butter, honey and grated lemon zest in a deep saucepan over a very low heat. Leave until melted, stirring from time to time.
2. Stir the oats, dried fruit and most of the seeds into the melted butter(hold back about a handful of the seeds and put to one side) thoroughly combine. Spread the mixture out evenly in the baking tin.
3. Scatter the remaining seeds over the surface and trickle with a little more honey. Place in an oven preheated to 160°C/Gas Mark 3 and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.
4. Leave to cool completely in the tin once cooled break any large chunks with a wooden spoon.
This will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight tin.I like to keep mine in a plain cereal container, out of the sun light.