This is my Favourite Muffin Recipe they’re great for ‘elevenses’ with a cup of tea.
They are moist (because of the Banana)and freeze really well, you can make variations which I love, like adding nuts and seeds.
Usually I don’t add coco powder and the muffins are golden with milk choc chips, but I fancied a change.
This time I added 4 tsp of coco powder to the mixture and white choc chips instead of milk choc chips.
275g (10 0z) Self raising Flour
1 tsp bicarb of soda
a pinch of salt
3 large ripe Bananas
125g (4 oz) Golden Caster sugar
1 Large egg beaten
50 ml (2fl oz) semi skimmed milk
75g (3oz) of melted butter
50g (2 oz) Plain or milk choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius or 160 degrees for fan assisted ovens, Gas mark 4, Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Sift flour, Bicarb of Soda and salt together into a large bowl and put to one side.
3. Peel the Bananas and mash with a fork in a bowl and add caster sugar, egg, milk and melted butter mix until well combined.
4. Add this to the Flour mixture with the choc chips, stir gently using only a few strokes, do not over mix. Mixture should be lumpy.
5. Spoon mixture into Muffin cases, half filling them. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or wait until the muffins are well risen and golden.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.