So YUMMY,… to make it healthier I use low-fat spread/butter in the base and low-fat cream cheese and serve with raspberry’s.
This is the second time I will have made this Cheese cake but it got eaten so fast I didn’t have time to clean up the edges before it was devoured!
1 pack of plain digestive biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs,
enough melted butter to hold the biscuit base together so it resembles damp sand
2/3 tubs of low-fat soft cream cheese,
2x 100g bars of milk chocolate
2x 100g bars of Dark chocolate
1x 100g bar of white choc (for decoration)
Iceing sugar used to sweeten cream cheese and choc layer (to taste)
1tsp veg oil
- Line loose based cake tin with tin foil, carefully pushing into all corners so cake gets a good shape,
- Mix crushed biscuits and melted cooled butter together, put into bottom of loose based cake tin and flatten evenly with the back of a spoon,
- Melt the milk choc bars the dark choc bars (broken into pieces)in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water/in the microwave
- Pour a quarter of the choc into a jug and add 1tsp of veg oil, set aside and keep warm so choc doesn’t set.
- When the rest of the choc has cooled a little Combine the rest of the melted choc and cream cheese, taste a little to see if you want to add any iceing sugar, if you do add some sieved icing sugar a little at a time to taste.
- Add the mixture to the base in the cake tin pushing into all the corners so you’re not left with air bubbles.
- Put into the fridge for 20 mins/freezer for 10 mins until ‘tacky’
- Mean while melt white choc for decoration,
- When cake has chilled enough working quickly pour jug of choc over cake top smoothing so it covers it,
- Next using a piping bag, pipe lines onto the cake with approx half an inch gap in between the lines,
- Using a cocktail stick drag it from left to right along the white choc lines leaving approx a 2cm gap apart.I’ts easier to do once you’ve seen a picture, it’s quite hard to describe.
- Leave in a cool place to set for approx 2hours,push base up and peel away tin foil, transfer to a flat plate so you can cut it easily. serve with raspberry’s, cut with a knife run under hot water.